Welcome to Harrop-Allin Login or Register

Our History


Fencing Since 1947

In 1947 founder George Harrop-Allin Senior opened the first premises in Gezina (436 Voortrekker road), Pretoria. It measured a 1 000 square metres and supplied only domestic fencing.

In 1987 we introduced a major innovation in the fencing industry when we commissioned a tube Mill at the main plant in Pretoria. This enabled us to manufacture gate and fence tubing to meet an ever-growing demand.

 

 

As electric fencing requirements increased and became a way of life in South Africa we installed a plastic injection moulding machine to produce a wide range of plastic and nylon components for the electric fencing industry.

Today the Harrop-Allin operation occupies some 24 000sq meters and has become a Group of companies headed up by Managing Director George IV Harrop-Allin, son of Anton Harrop-Allin.

Our head office and main factory is in Waltloo Pretoria with regional office at Polokwane/Pietersburg.

 

Photo from 1980